2-3 Turkey Legs
2tbs melted butter
1oz dry gin
750ml of Tonic Water
2oz Lime Juice
1 cup of water
¼ cup of Salt (about, think: brine)
3-4 Cardamom pods
1 tsp Coriander
1 tsp Thyme
Pepper (to taste)
How ya do it:
- Prepare marinade by mixing the salt, spices and herbs in a large bowl. Add in tonic, gin and lime juice. Stir. Put that water in too.
- Chuck them legs in the mixture, making sure that they’re fully submerged. Cover bowl with lid or plastic wrap
- Refrigerate marinade overnight. I prefer 24hours of salty sweet love.
- Next day, pre-heat the oven to 350F pull the mixture out of the fridge. Remove the legs and pat them down with a paper towel.
- Butter your pan and keep some of that melted gold to slather up those turkey appendages. The butter will give them a cool looking tan.
- Put the tonic turkey in the oven for about 40mins. If ya got one of them fancy thermometers, use it, ya turkey!
- While waiting for your bird legs, make yourself a nice gin & tonic. Enjoy!